Tribler Coding Standard
Basis is Guido van Rossum's "Style Guide for Python"
- Minimize the number of changes, to remain close to the original and to eachother's code.
- Don't change protocols unless absolutely necessary. If necessary, be minimal or follow other extensions already made by others.
- Each module should have a test suite.
- Using non-standard Python libraries requires explicit permission from Johan or Arno. This is to keep the Tribler license simple. If you really need a library do not include it in the Tribler source code, but keep it separate, again to keep the license simple.
- Code in other languages than Python requires explicit permission from Johan or Arno.
Remember: hopefully many people will use this code, so write stable and finished code (instead of cutting corners to get your experiments done ;o)