Build SwarmPlayer on the MAC
To build a SwarmPlayer installer on Mac OS/X from scratch, do the following. Note: Our subversion access to https requires authorisation. For read-only access, use http.
Installing required software
Newer versions could well be OK too, these are just the ones I've tried.
- Download and install Python 2.5.1.
- Download and install wxPython 184.108.40.206-unicode.
- Download and install py2app 0.3.6.
- Download and install, for instance through MacPorts: git, gmake, subversion, swig. And anything else that turns out to be missing.
- Download and install apsw from Google. Build using python setup.py build --fetch-sqlite to automatically download SQLite as well.
- Download and install XCode 2.4.
Tribler and the SwarmPlayer use several binaries, which you can either compile or just [source:vlc/branches/vlc-0.8.6h-mac-py2.3 download them]. To compile the binaries:
- Check out https://svn.tribler.org/vlc/branches/mainbranch into ~/svn/vlc-mainbranch.
- Open Terminal.app and chdir to ~/svn/vlc-mainbranch/macscripts
- Run ./buildmac.sh
For more details, see MacBinaries. The end-result is a tarball called macbinaries-ARCH.tar.gz, with ARCH=i386 or ARCH=ppc, depending on your architecture. If you update the build process, please check in the new binaries (for example at vlc/branches/vlc-0.8.6h-mac-py2.3).
Preparing the source
- Check out https://svn.tribler.org/abc/branches/mainbranch into ~/svn/mainbranch.
- Extract your macbinaries-*.tar.gz file, which will create a macbinaries subdirectory.
- You can now run ./runmac.command Tribler/Player/swarmplayer.py for instance.
- Open Terminal.app and chdir to ~/svn/mainbranch/Tribler/Player/Build/Mac
- Run make
You will now have an installer called SwarmPlayer-ARCH.dmg in that directory, enjoy :)