Senior P2P software engineer
- Position: Senior P2P Software Engineer (python)
- Where: Delft, Netherlands
- Who: Delft University of Technology; Tribler project
- When: Available from March 1st 2009 onwards. Initial 2 year contract with the possibility of a 2 year extension depending on job performance.
- Salary scale: 10 or 11, approx. 2500 to 4000 Euro per month gross (depending on years of experience).
What we offer is an opportunity to craft deeply disruptive technology and being part of a world-leading team which operates in a non-profit Open Source setting.
We need a smart, self-motivated software engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced organization filled with a wide variety of bright people who are passionate about P2P.
Several years of software development experience is desired, but not compulsory. Intimate familiarity with at least one of the following topics is required: Bittorrent, TCP/IP, UDP-based video streaming, VLC media player, collaborative filtering, wxWidgets programming, spam filtering, and adversarial information retrieval.
Works with a diverse team of researchers, including faculty, post-docs, Ph.D. students, and other engineers. Should have demonstrated ability to solve engineering problems and to plan, write, test, and deliver modules of code with little direct supervision. Must have the ability to research and learn new technologies quickly and often.
Qualifications and experience required:
- MSc degree or Ph.D. in computer science
- Hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience with Open Source culture (advantage)
- Knowledge of source control systems and procedures (preferably SVN)
- Knowledge of working P2P systems including BitTorrent (advantage)
Contact email address for further details:
Please send your application: CV with cover letter to Dr David Hales <dave [at] davidhales.com> as a single PDF of no more than four A4 pages.
TU Delft is an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.