About Jan David Mol
I'm a PhD student at Delft University of Technology. My subject is P2P Video Distribution, which I incorporate into Tribler to be able to do large-scale usage and performance measurements.
Also, I work on the Mac version of Tribler. It can always use more Mac-specific enhancements :)
ir. J.J.D. Mol Mekelweg 4 2628 CD Delft The Netherlands Room HB 09.240 Tel. +31-15-2784571 Email email@example.com
- Give-To-Get How to do P2P Video-on-Demand in a free-riding-resilient way.
My wiki pages
On this page, I keep track of what I do, and what pages I'm working on. Not everything is finished, naturally
- StreamingExperiment Details on the streaming experiment in July 2008
- Tracker How to create a torrent start a tracker from the command line
- WindowsBuildFromScratch How to make a Windows installer from scratch
- MacBuildFromScratch How to make a Mac installer from scratch
- LiveStreamingBeta If you want to play with live streaming in the development branch.
- GstreamerMac What I did to get GStreamer working on the Mac
- FfmpegWin What I did to get FFmpeg to cross-compile for Windows
- CocoaIntro? An introduction to GUI programming on the Mac
- FfmpegYuv Tricks to handle certain YUV files with FFmpeg.
- How to add Growl support to a Python application.
- TriblerMacPort How to port Tribler to Mac OS/X.
- MacDiskimage Info on creating .dmg images.
- MacApplication Info on creating application bundles.
- VlcMacHowto Info on compiling VLC and the python bindings on Mac OS/X.
- MacBugs Bugs/issues specific for the Mac OS/X build.
- MacWebcam Info on capturing a webcam on Mac using off-the-shelf software.
- BlockingFunctions A list of functions that might block.
- Dataset_FFF the datasets used to construct the FFF paper (J.J.D. Mol and J.A. Pouwelse and D.H.J. Epema and H.J. Sips (2008). Free-riding, Fairness, and Firewalls in P2P File-Sharing. In K. Wehrle and W. Kellerer and S.K. Singhal and R. Steinmetz (Eds.). 8-th IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing, pp. 301-310, Aachen, Germany. IEEE Computer Society.)